Sr. Proposal Writer
Quadrint is seeking a talented Sr. Proposal Writer to join our team and contribute to our company’s continued success and growth. The successful candidate has significant Federal proposal writing experience; is adept at developing subject-matter expert (SME) interview questions, conducting interviews, and creating narrative based on inputs; and knows how to write high-scoring proposals. The Sr. Proposal Writer will serve as the primary writer of technical, management, resume, and/or past performance volumes, as needed. The position is located in our Falls Church, VA, office.
The selected candidate will be expected to:
- Review government documents (e.g., RFPs, RFIs, RFTOPs) to fully understand response requirements
- Gather and synthesize information from SMEs and research to develop complete, compliant, and compelling narrative for assigned sections. Research other sources of information, as needed.
- Support the development of RFP, RFI, and task order responses.
- Serve as volume lead, as assigned.
- Ensure appropriate incorporation of key themes, discriminators, and substantiation.
- Shred proposals and generate new content for proposal knowledge repository.
- Maintain repository information in accordance with refresh plan.
- Meet deadlines established by proposal manager and proactively identify potential proposal risks.
- Edit proposals and related documents for completeness and compliance with editorial standards and proposal format/outline.
- Create process flow diagrams and other basic graphics, as needed.
- Keep up-to-date in job knowledge through participation in educational opportunities (e.g., APMP webinars).
- Review other proposal volumes to ensure consistency across proposal.
- Conduct one-voice of proposal prior to Gold Team.
- Update training materials and conduct writer workshops.
- Create company standard style guide for proposal writing.
- Must have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Business, Grant Writing, or related field or equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum five years’ experience writing Federal government proposals (preferably in IC) in a Shipley-based proposal environment.
- Knowledge of federal acquisition process and FAR.
- Excellent interpersonal and interview skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as editing, research, and analytical skills.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts and processes in writing and orally.
- Proven experience writing winning Federal proposals.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Deadline-oriented with personal drive for quality.
- Proficient grammar and spelling.
- Expert knowledge of MS Word.
- Ability to organize/prioritize multiple work assignments with little or no supervision.
- Ability to consistently maintain positive demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment.
- Flexibility to accommodate occasional evening or weekend work.
Ability to work independently in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Active TS/SCI clearance preferred
- Familiarity with Intelligence and Law Enforcement Communities (IC/LEC), especially the “big five,” FBI, and DOJ.
- SharePoint experience
- Graphics development experience
- Desktop publishing skills
- Relevant professional training (e.g., Shipley)
- Familiarity with latest IT terminologies/software development methodologies
Ability to interact and work in a teaming environment
Quadrint, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other, or any other protected status.