Senior Statistician/Data Scientist (Level 3)
CAPE requires a Statistician/Data Scientist to support the Business Analytics division. The Business Analytics division is responsible for identifying, acquiring, transforming and analyzing the Agency's data to assess agency performance and inform senior leadership decision making. Contractor personnel will support data integration and modeling; asking and developing business questions; interpreting data made available by agency stakeholders and data owners; and reporting and presenting conclusions to leadership.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in statistics, mathematics, image science, remote sensing, earth science, physical science or related technical or scientific field; or similar course of study at an accredited school (or substituted education and experience).
- Minimum 7 years experience.
- Familiarity with data mining, ability to develop and manipulate, and maintain databases.
- Demonstrated experience using software packages used for advanced statistical analysis of operational data and tools for data visualization.
- Demonstrated participation in and/or directing the activities of highly skilled technical and analytical teams responsible for developing solutions to highly complex analytical/intelligence problems.
- Ability to develop mathematical algorithms and applications in response to complex requirements.
- Ability to identify systems enhancements and new capabilities, concept demonstrators, capability business cases.
- Ability to provide training as new systems and capabilities move into operational use.
- Experience in statistical analysis and an understanding of business analytics and apply it to the current and future business and mission environment at the Agency.
- Utilize industry standard statistics, communication and visualization tools to develop and convey complex quantitative information and analysis to senior executives.
- Apply business analytics and customer segmentation techniques in any corporate function, e.g.
- Marketing analytics, consumer analytics, operations analysis, human capital analytics, or other relevant fields.
- Ability to apply statistical, data science and operations research methods from industry best practices and academic research against appropriate analytics problems.
- Mine data through repeatable processes and documented business logic to explore relationships in disparate data sets.
- Apply advanced analytics capabilities to derive insights from a combination of unstructured, semi-structured, and structured data.
- Manipulate, synthesize and visualize large datasets from and between knowledge domains, using appropriate programming languages and software, including but not limited to Semantic Query Language (SQL), Apache Spark, ElasticSearch, R, Python, Tableau, Kibana and others as technology evolves.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate technical findings to technically inclined audiences and executive personnel.
- Ability to collaborate across a diverse team of statisticians/data analysts.
- Experience with providing customer service support activities across organizational elements.
- Able to independently initiate, manage, execute and report tasks as identified by the government.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Intelligence Community data, software, services and business analytic tools.
- Experience that can facilitate understanding of Intelligence Community mission and business processes.
- Proficiency in performing statistical analysis and modeling on a variety of data, as well as the ability to incorporate new methods and techniques based on best practices and extant research.
- Able to perform predictive analysis using data science tools and techniques.
- Provide recommendations for improvements to analytical methodologies.
Ability to work independently in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
Ability to interact and work in a teaming environment
Quadrint, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other, or any other protected status.